The intention of the project owners (the Community of Municipalities of Desvres Samer) was to construct an exemplary building in terms of environmental quality. To accomplish this, it turned to a project management team specialising in eco-construction:
- Project management: the firm of architects Ariétur GIE
- Technical design consultancy: V2R Ingénierie & Environnement (management of waste, water and drainage, energy management)
- Design consultancy Solener (acoustics, energy)
- Design consultancy Euro Ingénierie
Representing an investment of €3,621,475 million, the VMAD benefited from a subsidisation level in excess of 72%, awarded by:
- Europe (FEDER): €101,981 (2.82%)
- Central Government (Rural Centre of Excellence): €823,870 (22.75%)
- The Nord-Pas-de-Calais Regional Council: €1,000,000 (27.61%)
- The Pas-de-Calais Departmental Council: €470,654 (13%)
- The French Agency for the Environment and Energy Management (ADEME): FEDER €159,409 (4.4%) and FRAMEE €54,053 (1.49%)
- And the CCDS (the Community of Municipalities of Desvres Samer): €1,011,507 (27.93%).
In order to provide support to new entrepreneurs for their projects prior to joining the incubator, a partnership was set up with the Boulogne-sur-Mer Côte d’Opale Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Chamber of Trades and Crafts. An agreement formalising this collaboration was signed on 3rd December 2009.